Home Forums Book Discussion Ram Dass Book Discussion Group

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Debra Murphy
    Keymaster

We are now open! Please feel free to add your comments here about this book. Soon, I will be posting some questions for you all to ponder!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Katy Charoensatit
    Participant

I’m only about 100 pages in…but one thing he talked about that really hit home for me was when he was talking about the retreat in California, where he was sleep deprived and struck for moving…and finally when summoned, his response became simply, “Good morning.”

I think we have all been there. Especially for me, I have been is situations where it wasn’t until I finally said enough, that any change or transition happened. It is kind of like all the crap has to get stripped away. For myself, and I think as humans in general, we like to distract ourselves with things that we think are important-that really aren’t. I think this whole idea comes back to what yoga is trying to teach us-it begins now, right now and if we can live life like that without the distractions, without what we think we should be or do, then we can really find what we are and we can fully enjoy our life.

I have been at this point many times, yet I continue to build up those distractions around me, so I think it is great to think of this story as a reminder to just bring it back to right now.

Paige Blumenthal
    Participant

I’m 139 pages into the book, reading some almost everyday, with a pencil ready to underline and write in the margins. It gives me much to contemplate, and I’m often left in a state of not being sure how I feel about concepts or if I even understand them fully, yet. I find it interesting how my mind seems to be working with the words I have read in the background while I go about my day. Then realizations, and often questions, slip into my thoughts, and sometimes come out in conversations as I see how they apply to something. Often I have questions about a concept, then it is answered a bit in the next chapter. I am seeing this book is an unfolding. I’ve been enjoying all it gives me to think about and being open to what I am taking in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.